Scholarship Sponsor(s): Zonta International Foundation.
Scholarship to be taken at: Any university or institution of higher learning worldwide.
Scholarship Type: Full Scholarships/Research Grant
Scholarship level: PhD/Doctoral Study Level
Slots: 35 slots available yearly
Scholarship Worth: Grant is worth up to USD $10,000
Nationality: All Nationalities
The Amelia Earhart Science & Engineering Doctoral Fellowship is a prestigious opportunity that aims to support and empower women pursuing advanced degrees in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) fields. Named after the renowned aviator Amelia Earhart, who broke barriers and inspired generations, this fellowship program encourages female scholars to excel in their research, contribute to scientific advancements, and become leaders in their respective disciplines. In this blog post, we will delve into the significance of the Amelia Earhart Fellowship and highlight the opportunities it offers to aspiring women scientists and engineers in 2024.
Empowering Women in STEM
The Amelia Earhart Science & Engineering Doctoral Fellowship seeks to address the gender gap in STEM fields by providing financial support, mentorship, and a supportive network to women pursuing doctoral degrees. By encouraging women’s participation and leadership in these traditionally male-dominated fields, the fellowship aims to foster diversity, innovation, and excellence in scientific research and engineering.
The Amelia Earhart Science & Engineering Doctoral Fellowship is administered by Zonta International, a global organization dedicated to advancing the status of women. Each year, the fellowship awards multiple grants to women pursuing a Ph.D. or doctoral degree in STEM disciplines. The fellowship provides financial assistance of up to $10,000 to cover tuition fees, research expenses, conference participation, and other educational costs.
To be eligible for the Amelia Earhart Fellowship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Identify as a woman.
- Hold a bachelor’s degree in a STEM field or be enrolled in a STEM doctoral program.
- Demonstrate outstanding academic performance and research potential.
- Showcase a commitment to advancing women in STEM fields through research, mentorship, or community engagement.
- Provide proof of acceptance or enrollment in a doctoral program at an accredited university or institution.
Applying for the Amelia Earhart Science & Engineering Doctoral Fellowship requires careful preparation and attention to detail. Here is a step-by-step guide to help you navigate the application process:
- Review Guidelines: Familiarize yourself with the fellowship’s application guidelines, eligibility requirements, and deadlines. Pay close attention to the specific requirements for recommendation letters, research proposals, and personal statements.
- Prepare Application Materials: Collect all the necessary documents, including academic transcripts, letters of recommendation, a curriculum vitae (CV), a research proposal, and a personal statement highlighting your career aspirations, research interests, and dedication to advancing women in STEM.
- Refine Your Research Proposal: Craft a compelling research proposal that demonstrates your scientific or engineering expertise, the potential impact of your work, and its alignment with the fellowship’s mission.
- Seek Recommendations: Request letters of recommendation from professors, mentors, or supervisors who can speak to your academic achievements, research potential, and commitment to promoting women in STEM.
- Craft a Personal Statement: Write a thoughtful and concise personal statement that showcases your passion for your chosen field, your academic journey, and how receiving the Amelia Earhart Fellowship will contribute to your career aspirations.
- Review and Proofread: Carefully review your application materials for any errors or inconsistencies. Ensure that your writing is clear, concise, and compelling.
- Submit Your Application: Submit your completed application and supporting documents before the specified deadline. Make sure to follow the instructions provided on the fellowship’s website.
- Evaluation and Selection: The fellowship committee will review the applications and evaluate them based on academic merit, research potential, commitment to advancing women in STEM, and the overall strength of the application.
- Notification of Results: Successful fellowship recipients will be notified of their selection via email or postal mail. Unsuccessful applicants may also receive notification.
Application Deadline: 15 November, 2023
TO PROCEED, CLICK APPLY NOW
CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION