The International Court of Justice is accepting applications from recent law graduates worldwide for its 2024-2025 Judicial Fellowship Programme. This program, previously called the University Traineeship Programme, offers participants the opportunity to gain professional experience at the International Court of Justice.
The programme helps participants learn about public international law and the Court’s procedures by involving them in its activities. Judicial Fellows work full-time with a Member of the Court and their primary legal assistant.
- Fellowship Sponsor(s): International Court of Justice
- Host Institution(s): International Court of Justice
- Funding Amount: Not Stated
- Number of Awards: Several
- Study Level: Postgraduate (Masters)
- Nationality: International Students
International Court of Justice Eligibility Criteria
To be considered for the Judicial Fellowship Programme for Law Graduates, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- To be eligible, candidates should be 31 years old or younger at the start of their fellowship. This requirement may be waived only in special circumstances.
- Candidates must demonstrate excellent results in their legal studies, and an interest in public international law through their studies, publications and/or work experience.
- Candidates must have an excellent command, both written and orally, of at least one of the two official languages of the Court (English and French); a working knowledge of the other language is considered an asset.
How-to-Apply: An online pre-screening questionnaire must be completed by the nominating university. The university must also designate an authorized focal point through whom all application materials will be submitted.
Following completion of the pre-screening questionnaire, the following six documents must be submitted for each candidate via the email address of the university’s authorized focal point, in the order below:
- Official letter of nomination from the university
- ICJ personal history form
- Letters of reference
- Official academic records
- Writing sample
- Candidate profile summary table
Application Deadline: February, 2023
TO PROCEED, CLICK APPLY NOW
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT US NOW