The University of Minnesota, USA, is accepting applications for the Global Excellence Scholarship. This scholarship is available to international freshmen and transfer students who wish to enroll in a degree program at the university. The awards are competitive and based on academic merit.
Students selected for these awards are among the best in their class and demonstrate a strong academic preparation. For the 2022-23 academic year, international freshmen can receive scholarships ranging from $10,000 to $25,000 per year, renewable for up to four years.
Sponsor: University of Minnesota, USA
Location: University of Minnesota, USA
Type: Tuition award
Level: Undergraduate Scholarship Worth: $10,000 – $25,000 per annum
Subject Eligibility: Various courses offered at the university
Country/Candidate Eligibility: International students
University of Minnesota Global Excellence Scholarships | Program Details
Transfer students may receive $10,000 per year for up to three years when entering the university in the Fall semester. Transfer students entering in the Spring semester will be considered for scholarships based on available funds.
To remain eligible for these scholarships, students must maintain their F-1 immigration status. If you have been awarded a Global Excellence Scholarship and have any questions, please refer to the Frequently Asked Questions section on the International Student and Scholar Services website.
To be eligible for the University of Minnesota Global Excellence Scholarships, candidates are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Must be international students.
- Must have been admitted into an undergraduate degree program.
- The award is available for undergraduate courses offered at the university.
- Selection is based on academic merit.
- Must be enrolled full-time in the Honors program during the semester the scholarship is awarded.
- Must possess exceptional personal success skills, such as emotional maturity, motivation, and perseverance.
- A high school transcript and/or GSE results are required. If the transcript is not in English, a certified translation is also necessary.
- Must have a High School certificate or its equivalent.
- Should demonstrate high motivation, responsibility, and the ability to work independently in a structured manner, with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Must hold an offer for a full-time program at the University of Minnesota, USA.
- The application process is based on merit and evidence of leadership.
- Applicants need to meet the minimum English language proficiency requirements of the University of Minnesota.
To be considered for the University of Minnesota Global Excellence Scholarships, no separate scholarship application is required. Students are automatically considered based on an overall assessment of their on-time admission application. All international freshmen and transfer students who complete their applications for admission by the deadlines will automatically be considered for a Global Excellence Scholarship.
Applicants should ensure that all documents and information are provided in English.
By fulfilling the eligibility criteria and completing the application process for admission on time, international students have the opportunity to be considered for the University of Minnesota Global Excellence Scholarships. This scholarship can provide financial support and open doors to a world-class undergraduate education at the University of Minnesota in the USA.
TO PROCEED, CLICK APPLY NOW
CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION