For research trips to other universities and localities on the continent, applications are now being accepted for the West African Research Center Travel Award 2023. This grant covers up to $1,500 in travel expenses as well as a stipend of $1,500.
By supporting African academics and graduate students traveling to the continent for study, the WARC Travel Grant encourages collaboration and interaction among institutions and researchers within the continent.
West African Research Center Travel Grant 2023 | DETAILS
Only citizens of West Africa are eligible for the Grant, which is financed by the US Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. Those connected to West African research institutions, colleges, or universities are given preference. The travel award may be utilized to visit libraries or archives with materials crucial to the applicant’s academic work in Africa, present papers at academic conferences held there, or both. Additionally, it can be utilized to go to a research location in Africa and to collaborate with colleagues at other African institutions.
To be eligible for the West African Research Center Travel Grant 2023, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants must be West African nationals with priority given to those affiliated with West African colleges, universities, or research institutions.
- Demonstrate excellent academic and research abilities.
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the West African Research Center Travel Grant 2023 are to complete an online application and provide the following application requirements:
- Abstract (50-80 words) of proposed activity with a clear statement of purpose
- Project/Research description (6 double-spaced pages maximum) including why travel is necessary (must be in language understandable to non-specialist readers)
- Proposed budget
- Curriculum vitae (with research and teaching record)
- Photocopy of the applicant’s passport (must be a West African national)
- All applications must be submitted online in PDF documents
- All applicants must have a recommendation letter.
- If attending a conference:
– an abstract of the paper to be read
– letter of acceptance to the conference
- If visiting another institution:
– invitation from host institution
- If travel is to consult archives or other materials:
– a description of the collections to be consulted and their significance to the applicant’s research
- If you are a graduate student:
– letter of recommendation from professor overseeing your research.
Application Deadline: 19th March, 2023
TO PROCEED, CLICK APPLY NOW