The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and International Cooperation (MAECI) is delighted to announce the Italian Government grants for foreign citizens and Italian citizens living abroad (IRE) for the academic year 2023-24
These grants are offered in order to foster international cooperation in cultural, scientific and technological fields, to promote Italian language and culture and to support Italy’s economic system in the world (according to Law 288/55 and its subsequent changes and additions).
Grant Sponsor(s): Italian Government
Grant Type: Academic Award
Host Institution(s): Legally recognized Italian educational institutions.
Grant Amount: Equivalent of Tuition fee
Number of Awards: Several
Study Level: Masters & PhD
Nationality: Domestic & International Student
DETAILS | Study in Italy Grants for Foreign and Italian Citizens Living Abroad 2023
Grants are offered to complete study courses and research/training programs in public or legally recognized Italian educational institutions. Scholarships are available to attend academic courses on the Italian territory only.
The number of months assigned to the winners and the exact starting date of the grant will be notified by sending the “Dichiarazione di assegnazione di borsa di studio” (Awarding Letter) by the competent Italian diplomatic mission. This document represents the official act awarding the grant. The grantee will have to initiate the university enrolment procedures before the starting date of the grant.
To be eligible for the grants, applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Italy Grants Application is open to all nationalities
- Italy Grants Applicants must be in possession of a valid passport or identity card. They must upload a legible photocopy of the document at the time of registration, under penalty of exclusion
- Applications must only be submitted by foreign and Italian students living abroad (IRE) holding an appropriate academic qualification required to enrol to the Italian University/Institute(more information on: https://studyinitaly.esteri.it/en/Recognition-of-qualification)
- Applicants for Master’s Degree/Higher Education in Arts, Music, and Dance (AFAM) Programmes/ Italian Language and Culture advanced Courses should have attained the age of majority and shall not exceed the age of 28 years and 364 days by the deadline of this call (June 9th2022), with the sole exception of renewals
- Applicants for PhD Programmes should have attained the age of majority and shall not exceed the age of 30 years and 364 days by the deadline of this call (June 9th 2022), with the sole exception of renewals
- Applicants for Research Projects under academic supervision should have attained the age of majority and shall not exceed the age of40 years and 364 days by the deadline of this call (June 9th 2022)
- Italian-taught courses: In order to enrol in an Italian-taught course, applicants must provide a certification regarding their proficiency in Italian language. The minimum level required is B2 within the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR)
- English-taught courses: In order to enrol in an English-taught course, applicants must provide a language certification regarding their proficiency in English Language. The minimum level required is B2 within the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
How-to-Apply: In order to apply for Study in Italy Grants for Foreign and Italian Citizens Living Abroad, Applicants must submit the application online, available upon registration on Study in Italy platform at the following link: https://studyinitaly.esteri.it
You are recommended to register through a frequently used email address, as further communications will be sent to the chosen email address.
TO PROCEED APPLICATION, CLICK APPLY NOW
FOR MORE INQUIRIES, CONTACT US NOW