Applications are invited from suitably qualified applicants for the HFG Distinguished Scholar Awards for the 2023/24 cohort. The Harry Frank Guggenheim (HFG) foundation welcomes proposals from any of the natural and social sciences that addresses urgent, present-day problems of violence.
The Foundation supports research that investigates the basic mechanisms in the production of violence, but primacy is given to proposals that make a compelling case for the relevance of potential findings for policies intended to reduce the ills.
HFG Distinguished Scholar Awards | DETAILS
Most awards fall within the range of $15,000 to $45,000 per year for periods of one or two years. Applications for larger amounts and longer duration will be considered but must be strongly justified. The awards are made to individuals (or sometimes two or, rarely, three principal investigators) for specific projects, not general research support. They are not awarded to institutions for institutional programs. Individuals who receive research grants may be subject to taxation on the funds awarded.
HFG Distinguished Scholar Awards Eligibility Criteria
To be eligible for the HFG Distinguished Scholar Award, interested applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Applicants for the award may be citizens of any country.
- While almost all recipients of these awards possess a Ph.D., M.D., J.D., or equivalent degree, there are no formal degree requirements for the award.
- Award may not be used to support research undertaken as part of the requirements for a graduate degree.
- Applicants need not be affiliated with an institution of higher learning, although most are college or university professors.
- Demonstrate excellent research abilities.
HFG Distinguished Scholar Awards Application Procedures
How-to-Apply: Interested applicants for the HFG Distinguished Scholar Award 2023 are to complete an online application on or before the application deadline. Applicants must create an account to access the application and guidelines.
Application Deadline: August 1st, 2023
TO PROCEED, CLICK APPLY NOW
CONTACT US FOR MORE INQUERIES